1. Enjoy your favorites. You know what I'm talking about... Those dishes or treats you've been waiting 11 months for! Make a deal or tradeoff with yourself- have a few of those must-haves and try to make healthy choices the rest of the time.
2. Be active. Aim for at least 30 minutes a day. And remember, every bit counts!
3. Halt your hunger. Have a small, healthy snack an hour before a party. It'll be easier to make healthy choices when you're not famished.
4. Bring something nutritious and delicious. That way, you're guaranteed at least one healthy option.
5. Anticipate the pushy host. If you're being pressured into eating more food, offer a compliment on the meal and state that you'd hate to ruin the meal by overdoing it.
6. Stop when you're full. Eat slowly, and when you’ve had enough, put away your plate, or ask for leftovers to be packed up. Limit nibbling by stationing yourself away from the food table or buffet.